Sunday, March 15, 2009

Waiting


by Kyle Wiseley


Writing is usually quite easy for me. I love words, experimenting on how they can be strung together as building blocks to develop an idea or state a position. There are wonderful modifiers that can beautify a sentence and make it sing. Inspiration can come from so many places that I usually find something that I can write about enthusiastically.

Well, not this time. It’s been a bummer of a week. In addition to not feeling very well and dealing with my ongoing medical problems, there has been some strain on an old friendship that will take some heart work to release and repair – work that I feel that presently I have neither the physical nor spiritual strength to perform. So, what to do? The only thing I can think of is to wait – wait with my mind and my spirit open for one of those moments when whatever spiritual guardians we have that surround us finally inspires some word or action that will start the healing process.

Waiting is difficult. One wants to be up and about, getting on with life, working plans, achieving goals and just “getting on with it” in general. But there seem to be times when we just need to sit quietly and wait until the fog lifts, the path clears, and the way forward is once again obvious.

As the forty days of Lent is a time of waiting and preparation for the re-enactment of the Salvation story, so may our personal seasons of waiting and purification prepare us to eventually press on in our individual ministries with confidence and clarity.

Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment