Sunday, May 24, 2009

Exponentially


by Julia Graves


This morning I spent several hours pulling weeds in the Labyrinth Garden at St. Luke’s. Leather gloves and hoe in hand, ready to enjoy the beautiful day God had provided. In surveying the area I noticed a small clump of forget-me-nots nestled between two shrubs. Some would consider this clump a weed; to me weeds are wildflowers out of place. They travel in on the wind or by animals, settle in, and take root. I think of a child blowing dandelion seeds, “wishes” I called them when I was a child, sending them to travel on the winds. To me this is how God’s love travels. One person’s love and compassion for others causes Gods love to multiply exponentially. John 13:34-35: “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

No comments:

Post a Comment