Sunday, July 19, 2009

Got Gifts?


by Julia Graves


Ever sit outside and just listen to the sounds around you? Ever sit outside and just smell the air? Ever sit outside and just feel the breeze? Ever sit outside in the grass under a tree and marvel at nature? Ever sit outside and watch insects crawling on the ground? Ever sit outside and watch birds in flight? Ever stand outside and look up and feel the rain on your face or catch a snow flake on your tongue?


When my life becomes too complicated, I take a “God Break”. I consider it a coffee break for the soul. I go outside and sit quietly and observe my surrounding by listening, smelling, feeling, watching. God has given us a beautiful garden to live in filled with fascinating and intricate gifts to enjoy.


Often we fill our lives so full that we don’t allow time to sit quietly and enjoy these simple pleasures. I find when I allow myself the indulgence of these quite moments, I am able to reflect on the wonderful gifts God has given me: family, friends, strangers, life. It is truly a miraculous place where we live.


Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment